Suhaani Lohia at National Chess Championships
Suhaani Lohia of Class 3 B won a Silver Medal at the National Chess Championships, out of 151 girls from all over India.
DAIS Girls Win the Gold
The DAIS Girls team comprising of Ahana Shah of Class 3A, Suhaani Lohia of Class 3B, Ahana Shah of Class 3B and Freya Golia of Class 4B did extremely well and won the 1st place in the Girls, as well as in the overall Open Category, at the IIFL Inter School Team Championship. They were the team with the highest score, winning the Gold medal.
Suhaani - Global Chess Ambassador
FIDE (the World Chess Governing body) has put the picture of Suhaani Lohia of Class 2 B, to be on the cover of their online booklet in relation to their “Chess in Schools” global initiative.
In it’s new edition (published every 2 years), titled “Chess – A Tool for Education and Health”, FIDE hopes to disseminate throughout the worldwide chess community the benefits of education, health, as well as the use of chess in different social and therapeutic areas.
For more details please visit the URL below :
CHESS A Tool for Education and Health, Click here
Suhaani wins at the IIFLW Chess Tournament
Suhaani Lohia of Class 2 B won the first place in the U8 Girls category at the 7-day IIFLW International Chess Tournament.
She also got the opportunity to play a game of chess against world champion, Vishy Anand.
Suhaani at the National Chess Championship
Suhaani Lohia wins Bronze at National Chess Championship
- Suhaani has done us all proud by winning a Bronze at the 30th National U-7 Chess Championship held in Pondicherry from 19th to 27th September, 2016.
- With this win, Suhaani will officially represent India, and be sponsored by AICF (All India Chess Federation), at the Asian Youth Chess Championship 2017 and World Youth Chess Championship 2017 in Brazil.
- This year’s edition of the National Championships saw the biggest ever turnout, with 119 girls from all over India participating in the tournament.
- Suhaani scored 8.5 points out of 11 games thereby clinching the bronze.
- We at DAIS, wish Suhaani well in her pursuit of excellence and in achieving her Chess goals! Good Luck!
Suhaani ranks in Top 6 in the World, in Chess
Suhaani wins Bronze at the Nationals Schools Chess Championship
Suhaani Lohia, studying in LKG-B, has done Dhirubhai Ambani International School proud by winning the BRONZE medal in the Under-5 Nationals Schools Chess Championship that concluded in Delhi on 13-June-2014.
Following the footsteps of her brother Siddhanth, Suhaani has surprised everyone by giving such a strong performance in her very first tournament, and that too on the National Stage!With this win, Suhaani will now officially represent India at the Asian Youth Chess Championship in 2015!
This is indeed a very proud moment for her parents and the DAIS family!