Home » Results » IGCSE Results 2012

IGCSE Results 2012

For the seventh year in a row, the IGCSE students of Dhirubhai Ambani International School have done exceptionally well. 69 students entered the IGCSE examinations this year and they have created history by surpassing all previous records.

Commenting on the IGCSE results, Smt Nita M. Ambani, Founder & Chairperson, said:

“We are delighted by the spectacular results achieved by our students in the 2012 IGCSE examinations. Heartiest congratulations to these outstanding achievers and their parents. This record-breaking performance is a testimony to their aspirations to excel and their extraordinary hard work. It also demonstrates the remarkable commitment and dedication of our teachers. This superb performance once again strengthens our position as one of the top IGCSE schools globally.”

 
  • 87.7% of all grades achieved are A*s and As, as against the world average of 38.9% and India average of 38.6% last year

  • 62% of all grades earned are A*s

  • 25.7% of all grades achieved are As

  • 9.9% of all grades achieved are Bs

  • 5 students have got 10 A*s in all the 10 subjects they had appeared for

  • 10 students achieved 9 A*s which is the highest ever achieved by the school

  • One-third of the students achieved 8 A*s and above, which is also the highest ever for the school over the past seven years

  • This year the school's average score of the class is 91.12%

  • Our students are way above the world average in all the 18 subjects they appeared for

  • The topper scored an average of 97.8% on the basis of best of 5 subjects
 


Of the 69 students, 93% achieved 'Distinctions' and the remaining 7% earned 'Merits'. None of the students have performed below the 'Merit' category.



During 2006 to 2011, our IGCSE students topped the world in English Literature, First Language English, Biology, Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, Hindi as a Second Language and Physical Education examinations. In 2011, out of the 12 World Toppers in India, 7 students are from DAIS. They also topped India in First Language English, Geography, Foreign Language French, Chemistry, History, Business Studies, Co-ordinated Science, Additional Mathematics, Physics and Art & Design.

In 2006 and 2007, a DAIS student was adjudged the ‘Best IGCSE Student in South Asia’. With the growing number of students from India enrolling into the IGCSE programme (there are over 300 IGCSE schools in India), the University of Cambridge International Examinations has since introduced the award of the ‘Best IGCSE Student in India’ and, consequent to it, one of our students was adjudged the ‘Best IGCSE Student in India’ in 2008, 2009 and 2010, which is a fitting tribute to our students’ continued splendid performance.

The announcement about the IGCSE subject-wise toppers and the 'Best IGCSE Student in India' for 2012 is awaited.